Llanfair Retirement Community has open positions from time to time.
For details, call 513-681-4230, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 4pm, and mention code LLmission, or visit www.llanfairohio.org.
Church Accompanist (posted 8/14/17)
Calvin Presbyterian Church, Amelia, OH
Calvin Presbyterian Church, located in Amelia, OH, is seeking an accompanist, preferably proficient on both piano and organ, (pianist would be acceptable) to provide music for our Sunday services, special seasonal services and to work with the choir, soloists and ensembles. We are seeking an individual capable of sight reading and playing parts for choir rehearsals as well as Sunday worship. The accompanist must be available for rehearsals on Wednesday evenings beginning the first Wednesday in September through early June. The person must, also, be willing to work with individuals to provide special music during the summer. The accompanist might, also, be asked to play for occasional weddings and funerals.
Calvin uses traditional plus some contemporary music.
Our instruments include a Siler Grand Piano and a Rogers Duel Manual Organ & Midi.
Salary is based on experience and approval of session.
Interested persons should contact John Middleton, (home) 513-752-2576, (cell 513-205-0096) or email@example.com to set up an interview and audition.
Administrative Assistant (posted 6/19/17)
for Community of Faith, Covington, KY
This Administrative Assistant position is part time at 12 hours per week. Please visit our website at www.cofnky.org/job-openings for a detailed description. All replies should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Church Secretary (posted 6/7/17)
for Calvin Presbyterian, Amelia
Requirements: HS Grad, typing and computer skills, use of STD Office Equipment, good English composition.
Overview: Secretarial duties in a Christian environment, confidentiality is a must.
For inquiry, please contact Rev. Ed Kahl, 513-446-3837 or send resume to Reved17@aol.com. Contact Caseinpoint@zoomtown.com for more details.
for Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 4600 Erie Ave., Madisonville
Hours per week 1 - 5 depending on the time of the month.
Duties include: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Bank Reconciliations,
EOM Reporting, EOY Reporting, Benevolence Account Management, Quarterly and Year End Tax Preparations, Client Statements, General Office Work.
Knowledge of Excel and online banking helpful
To inquire or apply, contact Sandy Fox: email@example.com or 513-505-3998
Immanuel Presbyterian Church joyfully calls all people to Jesus Christ through growth, service, and worship. Located in the Clifton Gaslight District and near the University of Cincinnati campus, IPC is a congregation that values quality and diversity in its music ministry. Our music ministry is led by the Chancel Choir, soloists, praise band, and accompanied by our Schantz pipe organ and a Steinway grand piano.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church wishes to hire an organist/pianist/accompanist with the following skills and education:
• Degrees in organ performance/church music are preferred, but not required.
• Successful employment experience is preferred.
• Proficient organ and piano skills.
• Excellent sight-reading skills, including the ability to read open scores.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge, experience, and proficiency in a broad range of musical styles and repertoires.
• Provide accompaniment for special music, choral anthems, and other service music for the 10:30 a.m. Worship Service, including prelude, offertory, postlude, and hymns.
• Accompany the weekly choir rehearsal.
• Accompany and rehearse with soloists, small ensembles, and instrumental groups as needed.
• Providing accompaniment and service music for Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunday, and other special services or concerts.
• Other duties depending on qualifications and interest of the successful candidate: possibilities include Praise Band, handbells, and other musical offerings.
• The organist will be given first refusal rights for all weddings and funerals.
• Commensurate with experience and/or skill.
• Submit a cover letter and resume [electronic or hard copy].
• Recordings/mp3s with examples of organ and piano playing (via CD, DVD, mp3, website, or YouTube).
• Three current references with contact information.
• Review of the position will begin immediately and continue until filled.
For further information or to apply contact:
Rev. Rich Jones, Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Aaron Knodle, Music Director email@example.com
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
3445 Clifton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45220
Director of Christian Education
Employment Category: Full Time, exempt
Position reports to: Pastor, Head of Staff
Scheduled Work Days: Varies
This position plans for, develops delivers, promotes and supervises the Christian education of the children and youth of the church in accordance with the policies and directions of the Session. Build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. The Director of Christian Education should serve as an example in being a prayerful, faithful disciple by attending church regularly, participating in activities and religious studies, and having a solid knowledge of the Presbyterian tradition.
Coordinate and unify the children’s and youth education activities of the church into an integrated and effective Christian education program.
Keep abreast of educational needs of all age groups in the church, make recommendations, and implement programs to address those needs.
Develop and implement curricula for preschool through college levels.
Encourage members to use their spiritual gifts and help identify opportunities where members can volunteer in the children’s and family life ministries.
Provide training, resources and instructions for ministry leaders and volunteers within the children’s and youth programs.
Maintain relationships and communications with church families to further develop the family ministry and determine where the greatest needs exist.
Plan and coordinate special projects for children and families: for example, Vacation Bible School, youth rallies, outings, outreach, mission projects and/or summer programs, etc.
Be a spiritual resource for parents on practical Biblical application in the household.
Remain up to date on the current youth trends, culture and issues facing children and youth.
Develop ways to affirm and support youth and their families outside church activities such as sports, school lunch visits, cultural events, entertainment opportunities, and home and college visits.
Be a visible presence in the community outside of the church.
a. Work in cooperation with the Christian Education ministry group and the Pastor to plan, develop, coordinate, and implement a spiritually-based youth-oriented program for both Junior High and Senior High-aged students.
b. Develop and maintain regular youth group meetings.
c. Teach the Sunday morning Junior/Senior High Sunday School class, with emphasis on studying scripture.
d. Plan and schedule special events or programs on a monthly basis at minimum.
e. Serve as a teacher/leader when needed in any given area of the children’s program.
f. Serve as a resource to other staff regarding Christian education.
g. Order curriculum and Christian education supplies.
h. Develop and implement an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship development and discipleship at levels appropriate to the group to be distributed at the onset of the calendar year.
i. Publish regular newsletters or other written (email and website) communications with youth and their families.
j. Communicate and collaborate with presbytery Christian Educators.
k. Ensure that all volunteers are educated in the policies and procedures necessary for working with children
l. Comply with all church policies and procedures as well as all Federal and State laws.
Estimated Time Allocation
Hour allocation is an approximation and should be used as a guide for time management.
10% Sunday morning activities
10% Meetings (on-site meetings, group meetings, one-on-one meetings)
40% prepare lessons, coordinate and administer curriculum, maintain awareness of trends in Christian Education. Recruit and train volunteers
30% Identify, develop, lead and participate in special events, youth outreach, community service
10% Meet with families, attend activities with church members, and community involvement
Qualifications and Special Skills
Demonstrated Christian faith and values.
Biblical knowledge and adherence to Presbyterian Church (USA) teaching and theology.
Experience in creating overarching Christian education programs.
A love of youth and a concern for their spiritual and emotional development.
Ability to guide children and youth in developing a strong Biblical knowledge base and personal spiritual disciplines.
Proven communication skills and the ability to relate well to children, parents and volunteers.
Good organizational, leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
College graduate or current college student active in Christian ministry and/or at least 2 years’ experience in youth leadership or teaching.
Maturity and the ability to show respect for and develop relationships with parents.
Proven technological and social media skills.
A sense of humor, musical abilities a plus, other skills to promote fellowship, fun and faith.
All duties and responsibilities represent essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This position description is not intended to include all possible position responsibilities. All employees of West Chester Presbyterian Church may be required to perform duties other than those listed in a position description.
Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Send resume' to firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide appropriate organ music for services of worship.
• It is expected that the organist is a person of Christian faith who understands the general flow of Christian worship.
• It is expected that this person is a team player and seeks a cooperative and healthy working relationship with the team and the congregation.
• Plan, prepare, and play organ music appropriate to each service of worship including the prelude, the interlude, the postlude and other music as required.
• Prepare appropriate music for weddings and special services.
• Rehearse sufficiently for optimum performance at the instrument.
• Attend choir rehearsals for accompaniment.
• Accompany the congregation’s singing of hymns.
• Accompany the choir’s singing of scheduled music.
• Arrange for a substitute when not able to be present.
• Work with the music director to schedule appropriate maintenance of the organ
• It is expected that the organist would be available to attend Tuesday morning staff meetings on a regular basis.
The organist’s primary supervisor is the music director. Performance reviews will be conducted regularly by the direct supervisor (music director), the pastor as head of staff and the session Personnel Committee.
The session Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation. The organist is a contracted position paid monthly covering worship services, rehearsals, and staff meeting. He/she will also be compensated for weddings and funerals – paid by the families through the church monthly payroll system.
Time Off & Benefits:
Sundays off to be scheduled in advance with the music director. As a contract position, this position does not receive benefits.
Send resume' to email@example.com
St John’s Westminster Learning Center
Part-time job: 20 hours per week.
* Receive tuition and make bank deposits
* Pay Learning Center bills
* Reconcile accounts in QuickBooks
* Run monthly reports and accounts payable
* Submit reports to Learning Center Board and Church Treasurer
* Maintain payroll and keep accurate records of payroll and PTO for Learning Center and Church
* Manage Worker's Comp reporting and reporting to other tax entities
* End of year tax statements to Learning Center families (for child care tax credit)
* W2's for Learning Center and Church staff
Minimum educational requirement of High School Diploma. Successful applicant will be required to undergo credit and background check prior to hire.
St. John's Westminster Learning Center is a ministry of St. John's Westminster Union Church (a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and United Church of Christ) in Delhi Twp. Please send resume to Candace Lemke, Executive Director of St. John’s Westminster Learning Center, firstname.lastname@example.org