Llanfair Retirement Community has open positions from time to time.
For details, call 513-681-4230, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 4pm, and mention code LLmission, or visit www.llanfairohio.org.
Administrative Assistant (posted 6/19/17)
for Community of Faith, Covington, KY
This Administrative Assistant position is part time at 12 hours per week. Please visit our website at www.cofnky.org/job-openings for a detailed description. All replies should be emailed to email@example.com.
Church Secretary (posted 6/7/17)
for Calvin Presbyterian, Amelia
Requirements: HS Grad, typing and computer skills, use of STD Office Equipment, good English composition.
Overview: Secretarial duties in a Christian environment, confidentiality is a must.
For inquiry, please contact Rev. Ed Kahl, 513-446-3837 or send resume to Reved17@aol.com. Contact Caseinpoint@zoomtown.com for more details.
for Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 4600 Erie Ave., Madisonville
Hours per week 1 - 5 depending on the time of the month.
Duties include: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Bank Reconciliations,
EOM Reporting, EOY Reporting, Benevolence Account Management, Quarterly and Year End Tax Preparations, Client Statements, General Office Work.
Knowledge of Excel and online banking helpful
To inquire or apply, contact Sandy Fox: firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-505-3998
First Presbyterian Church in Fort Thomas is currently a part time Administrative Assistant. The position is for 15 hours per week. If interested, please contact Terry Webster at email@example.com or 859-441-8939.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church joyfully calls all people to Jesus Christ through growth, service, and worship. Located in the Clifton Gaslight District and near the University of Cincinnati campus, IPC is a congregation that values quality and diversity in its music ministry. Our music ministry is led by the Chancel Choir, soloists, praise band, and accompanied by our Schantz pipe organ and a Steinway grand piano.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church wishes to hire an organist/pianist/accompanist with the following skills and education:
• Degrees in organ performance/church music are preferred, but not required.
• Successful employment experience is preferred.
• Proficient organ and piano skills.
• Excellent sight-reading skills, including the ability to read open scores.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge, experience, and proficiency in a broad range of musical styles and repertoires.
• Provide accompaniment for special music, choral anthems, and other service music for the 10:30 a.m. Worship Service, including prelude, offertory, postlude, and hymns.
• Accompany the weekly choir rehearsal.
• Accompany and rehearse with soloists, small ensembles, and instrumental groups as needed.
• Providing accompaniment and service music for Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunday, and other special services or concerts.
• Other duties depending on qualifications and interest of the successful candidate: possibilities include Praise Band, handbells, and other musical offerings.
• The organist will be given first refusal rights for all weddings and funerals.
• Commensurate with experience and/or skill.
• Submit a cover letter and resume [electronic or hard copy].
• Recordings/mp3s with examples of organ and piano playing (via CD, DVD, mp3, website, or YouTube).
• Three current references with contact information.
• Review of the position will begin immediately and continue until filled.
For further information or to apply contact:
Rev. Rich Jones, Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Aaron Knodle, Music Director email@example.com
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
3445 Clifton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45220
Director of Christian Education
Employment Category: Full Time, exempt
Position reports to: Pastor, Head of Staff
Scheduled Work Days: Varies
This position plans for, develops delivers, promotes and supervises the Christian education of the children and youth of the church in accordance with the policies and directions of the Session. Build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. The Director of Christian Education should serve as an example in being a prayerful, faithful disciple by attending church regularly, participating in activities and religious studies, and having a solid knowledge of the Presbyterian tradition.
Coordinate and unify the children’s and youth education activities of the church into an integrated and effective Christian education program.
Keep abreast of educational needs of all age groups in the church, make recommendations, and implement programs to address those needs.
Develop and implement curricula for preschool through college levels.
Encourage members to use their spiritual gifts and help identify opportunities where members can volunteer in the children’s and family life ministries.
Provide training, resources and instructions for ministry leaders and volunteers within the children’s and youth programs.
Maintain relationships and communications with church families to further develop the family ministry and determine where the greatest needs exist.
Plan and coordinate special projects for children and families: for example, Vacation Bible School, youth rallies, outings, outreach, mission projects and/or summer programs, etc.
Be a spiritual resource for parents on practical Biblical application in the household.
Remain up to date on the current youth trends, culture and issues facing children and youth.
Develop ways to affirm and support youth and their families outside church activities such as sports, school lunch visits, cultural events, entertainment opportunities, and home and college visits.
Be a visible presence in the community outside of the church.
a. Work in cooperation with the Christian Education ministry group and the Pastor to plan, develop, coordinate, and implement a spiritually-based youth-oriented program for both Junior High and Senior High-aged students.
b. Develop and maintain regular youth group meetings.
c. Teach the Sunday morning Junior/Senior High Sunday School class, with emphasis on studying scripture.
d. Plan and schedule special events or programs on a monthly basis at minimum.
e. Serve as a teacher/leader when needed in any given area of the children’s program.
f. Serve as a resource to other staff regarding Christian education.
g. Order curriculum and Christian education supplies.
h. Develop and implement an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship development and discipleship at levels appropriate to the group to be distributed at the onset of the calendar year.
i. Publish regular newsletters or other written (email and website) communications with youth and their families.
j. Communicate and collaborate with presbytery Christian Educators.
k. Ensure that all volunteers are educated in the policies and procedures necessary for working with children
l. Comply with all church policies and procedures as well as all Federal and State laws.
Estimated Time Allocation
Hour allocation is an approximation and should be used as a guide for time management.
10% Sunday morning activities
10% Meetings (on-site meetings, group meetings, one-on-one meetings)
40% prepare lessons, coordinate and administer curriculum, maintain awareness of trends in Christian Education. Recruit and train volunteers
30% Identify, develop, lead and participate in special events, youth outreach, community service
10% Meet with families, attend activities with church members, and community involvement
Qualifications and Special Skills
Demonstrated Christian faith and values.
Biblical knowledge and adherence to Presbyterian Church (USA) teaching and theology.
Experience in creating overarching Christian education programs.
A love of youth and a concern for their spiritual and emotional development.
Ability to guide children and youth in developing a strong Biblical knowledge base and personal spiritual disciplines.
Proven communication skills and the ability to relate well to children, parents and volunteers.
Good organizational, leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
College graduate or current college student active in Christian ministry and/or at least 2 years’ experience in youth leadership or teaching.
Maturity and the ability to show respect for and develop relationships with parents.
Proven technological and social media skills.
A sense of humor, musical abilities a plus, other skills to promote fellowship, fun and faith.
All duties and responsibilities represent essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This position description is not intended to include all possible position responsibilities. All employees of West Chester Presbyterian Church may be required to perform duties other than those listed in a position description.
Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Send resume' to firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide appropriate organ music for services of worship.
• It is expected that the organist is a person of Christian faith who understands the general flow of Christian worship.
• It is expected that this person is a team player and seeks a cooperative and healthy working relationship with the team and the congregation.
• Plan, prepare, and play organ music appropriate to each service of worship including the prelude, the interlude, the postlude and other music as required.
• Prepare appropriate music for weddings and special services.
• Rehearse sufficiently for optimum performance at the instrument.
• Attend choir rehearsals for accompaniment.
• Accompany the congregation’s singing of hymns.
• Accompany the choir’s singing of scheduled music.
• Arrange for a substitute when not able to be present.
• Work with the music director to schedule appropriate maintenance of the organ
• It is expected that the organist would be available to attend Tuesday morning staff meetings on a regular basis.
The organist’s primary supervisor is the music director. Performance reviews will be conducted regularly by the direct supervisor (music director), the pastor as head of staff and the session Personnel Committee.
The session Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation. The organist is a contracted position paid monthly covering worship services, rehearsals, and staff meeting. He/she will also be compensated for weddings and funerals – paid by the families through the church monthly payroll system.
Time Off & Benefits:
Sundays off to be scheduled in advance with the music director. As a contract position, this position does not receive benefits.
Send resume' to email@example.com
Youth Ministries Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor, Head of Staff (SPHOS)
Provide organizational and logistical support to the Crestview Youth Ministry, in addition to leading mid-week worship activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Youth Activities: Responsible for planning weekly large group activities, Fall/Spring confirmation retreats, winter/summer conferences & outreach events, coordinate small groups and encourage participation.
• Worship: Develop age appropriate lesson and teaching plan for mid-week large group gatherings; attend Sunday worship service at Crestview.
• Volunteer Coordination: Coordinate with volunteers for Youth activities.
• Administration: Work within constraints established by annual budget. Attend monthly Youth Ministry Team Meetings and weekly staff meetings.
• Communication: Promote youth events through various media; e.g., email, facebook, text, etc…
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Work/volunteer experience in youth Christian ministry
• Strong organizational skills; strong relational skills with youth and their families.
• Ability to teach and communicate Christian message to youth
• Demonstrated initiative
• Vital and demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ
Interested persons may send their resume to the Rev. Shawn Barley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Student Ministries
Sycamore Presbyterian Church is seeking a passionate Christian to serve as The Director of Student Ministries. This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing Christ-centered, Biblically-based ministry programs for grades six through twelve and college-age individuals. The Director of Student Ministries will help students develop life-long relationships with Jesus Christ. This vibrant student leader will be responsible for year-long programming including developing curriculum, planning service, mission and fellowship opportunities, equipping lay-leaders and teaming with parents to guide the spiritual development of students.
Please submit resume to SycamoreFamilyMinistry@gmail.com and complete the online application at:
Director of Operations
Knox Presbyterian Church. This role provides support to the Pastor/Head of Staff in the overall administration and management of the Church. This person manages the HR process, information technology, facilities and grounds and custodial staff. Responsibilities include day-to-day building management and maintenance, assistance with financial matters and budget process, management of HR processes, management of outside vendors, and maintenance of the church’s policies and procedures manual. This person should have general management and business experience, staff management experience, some financial oversight and office technology skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to be able to work effectively and in partnership with both the staff and the congregation.
It is anticipated that the job will be 20-25 hours per week, with flexibility to go to full time depending on the responsibilities and skill set of the candidate.
Please send resume to Anne Mulder, Chairman of the Personnel Committee, at email@example.com
Knox Presbyterian Church. The person in this role is responsible for managing and coordinating work in the church office. Responsibilities include administrative support to the Pastor/Head of Staff, Associate Pastor and Clerk of Session. Primary responsibility for production of the bulletin for all worship events. This person also maintains the church calendar, assists in managing the church database, handles all flower orders and is the primary interface between the congregation and the office.
Candidates must have strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office, with abilities in Microsoft Publisher and Word Press desirable. In addition, candidates should have strong organizational ability, good interpersonal skills and a proactive nature.
The job is currently 28 hours per week but could be structured to be more or less depending on various responsibilities and the capabilities of the applicant.
Please send your resume to Anne Mulder, Chair of the Personnel Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Ministry Coordinator
St. John's Westminster Union Church (a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and United Church of Christ) in Delhi Twp is looking for a Youth Ministry Coordinator. This position coordinates the ministry program for church youth, middle school through college. Including but not limited to Christian Education, Sunday School, Mission Trips and other Youth Activities.
Skills, qualifications and attributes desired: The ideal candidate will be creative, spiritual, and have a passion and desire to educate youth while rallying the support of parents and volunteers. Positive leader with exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Training in the field of Religious Education not required but advantageous. Experienced in teaching. Excellent oral and written communication. Positive role model with youth. Demonstrates an active Christian faith.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree helpful but not required.
• Credentialed in Christian Education/Youth Ministry helpful.
• History of active involvement in home church.
• Experienced in teaching; especially middle and high school youth.
• Member of Presbyterian Church (USA) or United Church of Christ preferred but not required.
• Must be able to pass criminal background check as required by Ohio law.
Send resumes to HR Committee care of Jenni Miller-Francis at email@example.com. Applications taken through June 2, 2017.
Job Type: Part-time (10 hours/week)
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
Director of Christian Education
Knox Presbyterian Church
Classification: Lay, Full-Time, Exempt
Description: Incumbent shall further the work of Jesus Christ in the life and ministry of Knox Church by envisioning, developing, coordinating, unifying and supervising all educational programs of the Church for children and adults, including the Sunday School.
The Director of Christian Education shall work with the Adult Education Committee in implementing adult education opportunities for the Knox congregation.
Reports To: Pastor-Head of Staff
• Plans and implements the church school program for all age levels, (including the confirmation/commissioning program) providing staff support for the work of the Christian Education committee in selecting curriculum materials and in recruiting persons to serve as leaders and assistants.
• Trains, or arranges for the training of, church school leaders and assistants, as well as providing for other means of support, encouragement, development and recognition.
• Ensures the health and safety of the participants in the Sunday School program and otherwise provides for a wholesome and productive environment for the programs. Screens volunteers who work with children and youth.
• Secures adequate supplies of appropriate classroom materials and other physical resources that are primarily related to educational programming. In partnership with Adult Education Committee, oversees the Church Library.
• Provides staff visibility, presence and encouragement to volunteers who serve the children, youth and their families in Sunday School and in other capacities.
• Has primary responsibility for all other programming for children at Knox, including the Vacation Bible School.
• Cooperates with the Knox Preschool and the music programs of the church to ensure integration across all educational programs.
• With the Adult Education Committee, designs and implements the educational program including sourcing, contacting and securing guest speakers and identifying potential topics for exploration.
• Using Knox News, the bulletin and all other available media, communicates educational opportunities for children and adults.
• Helps the larger church be ever-mindful of our living baptismal promises to: guide and nurture, by word and deed, with love and prayer, encouraging each child to know and follow Christ and to be faithful members of his church.
• Provides oversight to the Children’s Choir Directors.
• Hires, screens, schedules and trains the Childcare workers.
• Performs other tasks as necessary or as assigned by the Pastor-Head of Staff.
Work Week: 40 hours
Performance Review: Conducted annually by the Pastor-Head of Staff and the Personnel Committee
Interested persons should contact Glenn Williams, 513-321-2573 ext 139.
St John’s Westminster Learning Center
Part-time job: 20 hours per week.
* Receive tuition and make bank deposits
* Pay Learning Center bills
* Reconcile accounts in QuickBooks
* Run monthly reports and accounts payable
* Submit reports to Learning Center Board and Church Treasurer
* Maintain payroll and keep accurate records of payroll and PTO for Learning Center and Church
* Manage Worker's Comp reporting and reporting to other tax entities
* End of year tax statements to Learning Center families (for child care tax credit)
* W2's for Learning Center and Church staff
Minimum educational requirement of High School Diploma. Successful applicant will be required to undergo credit and background check prior to hire.
St. John's Westminster Learning Center is a ministry of St. John's Westminster Union Church (a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and United Church of Christ) in Delhi Twp. Please send resume to Candace Lemke, Executive Director of St. John’s Westminster Learning Center, firstname.lastname@example.org